Monday, February 28, 2011

Raising the roof at 525 NE Couch!!

Ok, picture this, a very retro empty apartment bordered with a very cool dark mahogany wood.  On the walls are signature doodles of past tenants and friends.  Off in the corner of what I would call the dining room is Justin from Fist Fite sketching a cat on the wall and being very anal about it (you'll get it when you see the picture).  Through the thick cloud of cigarette smoke, people are filling up the apartment, saying hi to friends and chatting about the epic 2 hours about ready to unfold upon us.


The small tee-shirt shop on the ground level of the building was also having a party. Dan went down to check it out and take pictures while I stayed and held my spot. I forgot to tell you that in a few days this building is going to be demolished.  Jessica, the former tenant of this amazing apartment, decided we can save the demolition crew a few bucks by inviting two amazing metal bands and what seemed like a hundred of their biggest fans to tear the roof down, unless the floor gave out first!


Red Fang got the party started with a handful of their best songs.  There were so many people crammed up front that I could feel the sweat fling off of Bryan and Aaron.  I do have to make a note that Bryan had great smelling hair!  I had expected different, but with the first fling of his hair I got a light smell of a fruity shampoo.  A nice break from all the cigarette smoke and PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) breath. These guys were amazing!  The crowd was insanely behaved compared to the past Red Fang shows.  But just as I suspected they closed their set with the most enjoyed song "Prehistoric Dog."  Of course the crowd went CRAZY!



Fist Fite was the next and final band to put a stamp on the awesomeness of this night. They are another local band who I have had the pleasure of seeing many times and with whom I have found myself stranded at the bottom of an empty pool in pitch dark. I'd have to say and Dan might agree with me that Fist Fite did the most superb job ever.  I totally loved the mini-mosh pit behind me that was keeping the crowd rolling the whole time.  But it all ended with the phrase that I haven't heard since high school "The cops are here!" This epic house party came to an end.  So to close out the weekend, thank you Jessica, Red Fang, Fist Fite, The Dirty Digits, The Empty, Gorilla Monsoon, Hasbeen Design Company and thank you floor for not caving in!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself! What a great night! Thanks again Jessica, Red Fang and Fist Fite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also thanks to The Dirty Digits, The Empty and Gorilla Monsoon that played downstairs!

    ReplyDelete